With time, windows may accumulate more dirt and grime than you can see on the surface. This build-up could clog up windows, cause water to leak from them, reduce visibility and sticky surfaces. To keep your home looking good and ensure that all your windows are functional, you need to do window cleaning regularly.
There are different methods that you can use to clean your windows. However, the most effective method is hiring professional window washers instead of trying to do it yourself. Hiring professionals is a good idea because they have the right tools and know-how for window cleaning.
Biggest Mistakes That Most Window Washers Make
Window washing mistakes are easy to make. To avoid costly mistakes and botched projects, it’s important to follow these rules and don’t forget your checklist on how to clean windows. Here are the biggest window washing mistakes you must avoid if you want your windows to look spotless.
Leaving It Too Late
Window-washing is best done in spring when the rain has washed away any dust or pollen that may have built up on windows and plants are beginning to grow again. If you still plan on doing your washing later in the season, make sure you use a high-pressure power washer instead of an old-fashioned pump sprayer for cleaning debris from windows.
Doing It Too Fast
Window-washing is best done with patience. You can clean more at one time by cleaning all the windows in your home and paying attention to the area of each window. Cleaning more at once will allow you to save time on other projects that require a lot of washing.
Not Using Enough Pressure Washer Power
When washing windows, use a power washer without knowing how to window clean with a large or extra-large hose. You must use a powerful hose to remove the dirt but not so strong that the washing process will damage your home. Using too much power will result in a lot of water wastage, and the exterior of your home might look dirty when you are done.
Using Poor Window Cleaning Solutions
Window-washing is not an easy task. It requires careful, meticulous and intense washing so that the dirt and grime don’t re-accumulate and build upon your windows in the future. Wash your windows with the best cleaning solutions, such as soap, detergents and vinegar. Using these will allow you to clean dirt and grime but not damage your windows.
Not Cleaning It Right
To achieve a streak-free result with your window washing, use soapy water, water mixed with vinegar and dish washing liquid. These solutions are mild and will not damage your windows. Always rinse the window with clean water and a sponge before drying it with a lint-free cloth.
Not Keeping It Up
Dirty windows may seem like an easy task, but it is one of the most difficult to do right. Investing in cleaning windows equipment and cleaning supplies will ensure that you have a successful window-washing experience. However, it’s important to keep up with the process and prevent dirt build-up if you want your windows to look clean and shiny.
Not Using Right Window Cleaning Kits
When washing your windows, check the cleaning kit label to ensure that it includes a quality glass cleaner, soft cloth, squeegee, sealant and cleaner. Using these items will help you achieve a cleaner, clearer and longer-lasting result.
Why Do These Washing Mistakes Happen?
- Window cleaning is a long and tedious process; it is easy to make mistakes even with the best intentions.
- It is easy to buy the wrong type of cleaning window equipment and never use it. However, the best way to keep your cleaning in line is to ensure that you have the proper equipment with training.
- Too many poles, or the wrong type of pole, will cause you to waste a lot of time and energy. If you don’t have the right tools, it can be not easy to get your windows as clean as you would like.
- People don’t have much time for window cleaning. So, they make a hurried attempt to clean them. However, if you have enough time, you will get the job done right and enjoy cleaning your windows.
- People make mistakes because they don’t know how to use their equipment properly. They don’t know what tools are needed for the windows and when to use them.
- People don’t take the time to learn about cleaning windows. If you are cleaning windows for the first time, you need to take the time to learn about the different methods that you can use.
You can avoid these washing mistakes by simply hiring professionals to clean your windows. Although there are a lot of professional window washers, not all of them are the right choice for you. It is because they have different strengths and weaknesses. To hire the best one, you need to know the correct amount of window washing mistakes that you can make when cleaning your windows.
Tips For The Best Window Washing Experience
Window washing is a lengthy process and can be a project, so it’s important to do your research before starting a big job. It is possible to do it by yourself, but it is not worth the time and effort for many people. However, you can make it easy to handle with some expert tips.
- Pressure wash gently and with care.
- Use only cold water on your hose pressure washer.
- Avoid using power washing on the sides of the house where plants grow up towards windows – this will cause unnecessary breakage of roots at the window site.
- Always use a brush to clean the window sills and corners.
- Don’t go over the budget you need for a standard double-hung window.
- Be patient and consistent with your window cleaning, and don’t clean up too much water at one time. It’s important to not wash too much at one time because that is how water waste will appear.
- Wear safety glasses, shoes, long pants and a long-sleeved shirt to protect your skin
- Don’t leave the pressure washer running unattended.
A small tip of advice here for those looking for advice on pressure washing their home, garage or shed – make sure that all the openings from your hose are secured before turning on the engine. Also, wash the containers and pipes with a fine mesh screen to avoid any dirt escaping from your wash using convenient cleaning windows equipment.
Pick Up Professional Cleaning Services For Your Home Or Office
Handpick the best window cleaning company, and you will get –
- Specialized cleaning services that go beyond your expectations
- A convenient service that arrives on time and leaves your windows spotless
- Reliable window cleaning services that are worth your money.
When you are looking for a professional window washer, there are a few things that you should look for. You need to be sure about exactly what kind of service you will get.